Tofu palak paneer
Another one of my favourite Indian dishes, with a reasonably good approximation inspired by Yeung Man's Cooking channel.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tomato
- 200gr firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup coconut cream, or coconut milk if not available
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 300gr unfrozen minced spinach
- Mince garlic and ginger. Chop onion and tomato.
- Dry and slice the tofu into small cubes.
- In a broad pot, roast cumin at medium heat in the olive oil until fragrant.
- Incorporate garlic, ginger, onion and salt and sautee until onions become transparent.
- Add the tomato and paprika and cook for further 4 minutes.
- Incorporate the coconut cream (or milk) and cook for a minute.
- Add the remaining spices and the spinach, cooking for a few minutes.
- Blend using and inmersion blender until you obtain a fine puree.
- Add the tofu and cook for a few more minutes.
Sometimes I would first slightly fry the tofu, to make it crispy. It changes the texture of the dish, as compared with actual palak paneer, but it tastes a bit more interesting.