Tandori style roasted cauliflower
Simplified from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaLIwWnhA80&t=993s to suit my pantry
- 1 small White Onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 Green Chillis
- 3 tbs Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Spicy Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cauliflowers outer leaves removed, cut into large florets
- 3 tbs Flaked Almonds
- 3 tbs Sultanas or Raisons
I replaced the chilis with some paprika and left out
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Fenugreek
- 1 tsp mace
- Cut the cauliflower into big florets
- Blend the curry paste: garlic, onion, tomato puree, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper and some water
- Fry and ticken 1 cup of the paste on a pan, with some oil, for some minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, top side down first, then twist, and fry for some minutes until they get some color.
- Move everything to a baking tray with the sauce and some extra water. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Serve with yogurt or rice.
As shown in the image below, you can use the oven to roast other vegetables. In this case, I sliced and cooked one large potato in the microwave, with one spoon of water, and then put that and one red bell pepper together with the cauliflower.