Fast vegan lentils
This recipe has been adapted from Pick-Up-Limes, one of my favorite go-to's for vegan recipes.
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tea spoon smoked hot paprika
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tea spoon curry powder
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder
- salt and pepper
- 200 g of brown lentils
- 1 big potato cut into cubes
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 l water
- 1 carrot, diced
- Soak the lentils for 2-4 hours before cooking. Wash and rinse them afterwards.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in hot water to prepare the stock
- Warm up the olive oil in a pot and add the garlic.
- When the oil starts sizzling, add the onion, finely diced, and sauté.
- Add the spices and cook for half a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the lentils, potato and the vegetable stock.
- Bring the pot to boiling and then lower the heat to medium-low.
- After 5 minutes, add the carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and remove well, cooking for another 3 minutes.