One of my favourite Indian dishes, with a reasonably good approximation by Yeung Man's Cooking channel.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 big onion or a smaller one, finely mined
- 1 can (400 gr) of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200gr canned chickpeas
- 1/3 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Heat up cardamom, bay leaves and olive oil.
- Add onion and sautee. Incorporate garlic and ginger.
- Warm up spices (all but garam masala).
- Add tomato, followed by garam masala.
- Incorporate chickpeas and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and cook for further 3 to 4 minutes.