Lentils with sweet potatos and spinach
This recipe is a small variation of the one offered by El Comidista.
Serves two people:
- 100g of raw lentils
- 200g of sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- Half a white onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cummin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, and olive oil
- Soak the lentils for several hours before cooking. Rinse them.
- Unfreeze the spinach.
- Fry the garlic and bread in oil, until crunchy.
- Remove the excess oil and fry the onion in the pot.
- Add the lentils, the diced potato and the broth and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash the garlic and fried bread and add it to the stew, together with the spices Cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Figure 1: The final product… after eating 1/2 of it
Figure 2: The ingredients
Figure 3: The fried bread and garlic, ready to be smashed