Lemon zest cake
A simplification of a lemon drizzle recipe by the guys at Bosh.tv
- 200g of flour
- 3 tea spoons of baking powder
- 60g sugar
- the juice and grated skin of two lemons (lemon zest)
- 125ml olive oil
- 175ml vegetable milk
- Oil a baking pan and preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar and baking powder) in a mixing bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients (lemon zest, juice, oil an dmil) separately
- Progressively incorporate the wet ingredients into the flour, mixing with a spoon.
- When the batter is ready and there are no lumps, spoon the mixture into the pan.
- Cook it in the oven for about 30 min.
- Test whether it is done (*) or cook it for another 5-10 min.
- Let it cool outside.
(*) To test whether the cake is done, the top should be slightly crunchy and when you pierce the cake to the bottom with a chopstick or some metallic skewer, it should come out dry.
The original recipe called for 75g grated almonds and 200g sugar. Because I reduced the sugar, the top is less glassy and the cake looks closer to a bread.
Figure 1: The final product: like eating a fluffy lemonade
Figure 2: Ingredients
Figure 3: The cake, cooling on the grid