Mushroom and chickpea pie
- About 400g varied mushrooms, diced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tea spoon of sugar
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 2 table spools of flour
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1/3 vegetable broth cube
- A loaf of fresh puff pastry
- Fry on a medium heat the onion and garlic for about 5 min.
- Once it starts to get caramelize, add the sugar, mix and cook for other 3-5 min.
- Mix in the mushroms. Add salt and pepper. You may need to add some oil.
- Cook until mushrooms release most of the liquid.
- Add one table spool of flour, mix and cook it well into the mushrooms.
- Add the wine and cook it until most is evaporated and the filling as a creamy look.
- Take out the mixture and let it cool in a glass or ceramic dish.
- Cut out the pastry so it is 2cm larger than the size of the dish on all sides.
- Cover the dish with the pastry, folding and rounding out the borders.
- With the tip of a knife, make some lattice drawings on top of the pastry, to make it look more interesting.
- Cook the pie in the oven until the top look well done. Take care because some of the folds may take longer to cook than it looks from the outside.
- Take it out and let it cool down a bit. Cut and enjoy.
Figure 1: Pub food tastes good!
Figure 2: The final product
Figure 3: Most of the ingredients
Figure 4: Dish covered.