- 1 cup of presoaked chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tiny piece of white onion
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 table spoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- 1 tea spoon of smoked paprika
- 1 table spoon of smoked paprika for covering
- Soak the garbanzo beans the night before, for at least 8 hours.
- Rinse the chickpeas and blend them with all the ingredients.
- Pour the paste into a small pot and cook at low heat, stirring slowly and continuously until it thickens to the desired consistency.
- Pour the mix into an oiled glass container and refrigerate
- After one hour, take the cheese out of the container and cover it with paprika.
The mixture has a very mild taste that intensifies if you cut slices and "grill" them on a non-stick pan before using it as spread on a toast.